A-train: 7 steps to a voluminous hair look
Welcome to A-train tutorials, an educational monthly series (inspired by a true hub for all New Yorkers…the subway) where we’ll share different hair tutorials using our products. They’ll be published right here on the strand and on our Instagram, so keep your eyes peeled! Without further ado, stand clear of the closing doors please…
Tasha’s first stop: volume! Turn your mane from flat to full with this voluminous, textured look. Get on board and follow her steps below.
- The recipe to fuller hair starts in the shower. First, wash and condition strands with 3D volume and thickening shampoo and conditioner. Rinse thoroughly.
- Next, apply soulfood nourishing mask to give your hair a burst of hydration, vitamins, and nutrients. Leave on for 5-7 minutes, then rinse.
- Use the hair blow dryer brush to give yourself a bouncy blowout with 2x the shine*.
- Apply 3D daily thickening treatment to roots to encourage the appearance of thicker-, healthier-looking hair.
- Use a heat protectant! We love supernova moisture and shine cream or supernova blonde moisture and shine cream to condition, tame frizz, and heat protect. Another great option is the shield anti-humidity spray which shields hair from frizz, humidity, and heat and should be sprayed on strands before heat styling (Tasha doubles up and uses both!).
- Using the autopilot 3-in-1 rotating curling iron, wrap hair around barrel in 1” sections to create curls or waves.
- To set your style, use un.done volume and matte spray for a messy-chic ‘do, and spray fluxus touchable hairspray all over to set the look.
*compared to the leading competitor.