how to deeply cleanse your curls, coils, and kinks
photo by healthy_is_the_new_black
Welcome to our curly hair routine series!
Curls, coils, and kinks au naturel can sometimes be hard to navigate. Textured hair needs 4 main things to thrive: styling, strengthening, plenty of hydration, and scalp-care. We've curated 4 hair routines that are sure to give your strands a healthy dose of TLC and get you ready for hot curl summer (see what we did there?).
Next up: the wash day cleanse curl routine – for the days you need to reset your scalp and give your strands a dose of deep moisture.
why is a deep cleanse necessary for textured hair types?
Curls, coils, and kinks typically wash less often to maintain moisture. Over time, products can start to build up on the hair and scalp, resulting in strands that looks dull and lifeless – ergo, the wash day deep cleanse hair routine was born. Not only does it rid the scalp of product build up, but it also aids in switching styles often and going from protective to natural.
products you'll need
- reset pink charcoal scalp cleansing oil: An oil-to-foam purifying pre-wash that breaks down product build-up, absorbs toxins, and refreshes the scalp without stripping.
- reset exfoliating jelly shampoo: An innovative jelly shampoo that deeply cleans, purifies, and rebalances the scalp.
- soulfood nourishing mask: A rich and luxurious mask packed with vitamins and nutrients to condition and soften your hair.
- vault leave-in conditioner: This color-locking mist is a leave-in conditioner that instantly detangles, softens, and protects your hair’s color and vibrancy.
- On wash day, deeply cleanse scalp to eliminate dirt and build up with reset pink charcoal scalp cleansing oil as a pre-shampoo treatment, or use reset exfoliating jelly shampoo.
- Follow with soulfood nourishing mask for a deep dose of intense hydration.
- Style with vault color-lock leave-in conditioner for long lasting moisture and instant detangling and softness.
Keep your eyes peeled for our next curly hair routine installment (and a little something extra)!
Leave a Comment