go to bed with amika
Here at amika, we’ve been talking a lot about the concept of ‘rest’ and how important it is (especially now, when the world is hurting a little extra). Rest can mean many things—meditation, a moment alone, catching up on sleep, or anything else that recharges and rejuvenates us. It’s also generally accepted that having a bedtime routine can help us wind down more easily and lead to a better night’s sleep.
That’s why we decided to tap two of our very own amika team members to get a peek into their nighttime routines--we think you’ll find some inspiration in their wind-down habits. Let's go to bed with amika!
go to bed with Ashley
First up, we have our Product Marketing Coordinator, Ashley Brown. The main theme of her pre-z’s ritual is hydration, hydration, hydration! Keep reading for her bedtime routine breakdown below:
- To kick off her nighttime relaxation routine, Ashley takes a shower and washes her hair with bust your brass cool blonde repair shampoo.
- While her hair air dries, she begins her skincare routine with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Serum.
- Next, she applies the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum. Make sure you shake it up to activate!
- After the Fresh serum, it’s cocktail time (not that type of cocktail) – Ashley likes to mix her Vitamin A retinol with Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer to finish off her skincare.
- On to her haircare routine! She uses dream routine overnight hydration treatment, which is infused with hyaluronic acid. This overnight treatment deeply hydrates hair overnight and is pillow-proof so she doesn’t have to worry about staining! She uses two pumps, then applies it from mid-lengths to ends.
- She winds down by lighting a candle and curling up with a good book! (Ashley recommends "Conversations with Friends” by Sally Rooney).
- Time to catch some z’s!
go to bed with Ally
Next we have Ally Harasym, our Assistant Trade Marketing Manager! Ally’s routine is all about taking time for herself after a busy day (and our favorite ingredient, hyaluronic acid, is the star of the show once again).
- First, she double cleanses her face using Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, then washes her face in the shower.
- Next she uses the Aavrani Healing Rose Clay Mask to soothe her sensitive skin.
- While she lets her face mask do its magic, its haircare time! Since she didn’t wash her hair today, she’s going to spray perk up dry shampoo before bed so she wakes up with refreshed, voluminous hair.
- Next, she applies the dream routine overnight hydration treatment for 3x more hydration* and long-lasting, 72 hour* moisture (bonus points if you match your nails to your beauty products like Ally!). For Ally’s hair type, she applies 3 pumps from mid-lengths to ends on dry hair.
- Next, she goes back into her skincare routine with the hyaluronic acid serum by The Ordinary and the Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturizer.
- As her skincare grand finale, she applies the Aavrani Eye Rejuvenating Elixir to help with dark circles.
- Ally spends the rest of her night lying in bed, lighting a candle (she recommends the dilo basil, mint and lavender scent!) and reading a few pages of her book!
- Time for her beauty sleep!
nighttime hair do’s + don’ts
Keep reading for a few other nighttime routine amika-approved tips!
- Don’t go to bed with soaking wet hair
- Sleep with a silk scrunchie, pillowcase, or scarf if hair is not 100% dry.
- Detangle hair before you sleep on it.
- For extensions, keep your hair braided or secured at night so it doesn’t tangle.
- For overnight volume, apply perk up dry shampoo to the roots, brush through, then add dream routine overnight hydration treatment on the ends.
What products do you use in your nighttime routine? Let us know if the comments below!