wedding + prom hairstyles
The month of May means party season is about to begin. We’re talkin’ weddings, proms, and bachelorettes, galore. That means we need outfits, makeup looks, and hairstyles. We might not be able to help out with the first two, but we definitely can help with the latter. Keep reading for two hair looks perfect for any celebration you have coming up this summer!
look 1: Pamela Anderson bun tutorial
A highly requested look, the Pamela Anderson inspired bun is a perfect messy-chic up-do for any party you’re going to. For a video breakdown of this look, check us out on Instagram here!
- Prep strands with supernova moisture and shine cream and plus size, then curl your hair.
- Apply glass action for lots of shine.
- Spray un.done texture spray for added grit.
- Work in sections starting with the back.
- Using headstrong hairspray for hold, secure the bottom half section of hair into a ponytail.
- With what’s left over, working in sections, spray hair with more un.done texture spray.
- Back comb hair for lots of volume.
- Combine sections by twisting and pinning them down using bobby pins.
- Using headstrong, spray flyaways down.
- Use a curling iron and curl front pieces of hair to add face frames.
- Give bangs a boost of volume with texture spray and a light back comb.
look 2: sleek curls
If you want to leave your hair down, these sleek curls give you an elegant style perfect for any event. For a video breakdown of this look, check us out on Instagram here!
- Take 2 front pieces and use on lock to slick them back.
- Put the rest of your hair up in a clip.
- Bring front pieces back and secure into a ponytail, prepping with headstrong hairspray.
- Take hair down and curl it in sections.
- Comb through curls, spray with more headstrong.