how to get groovy holiday party hair looks
With the weather changing and the holidays approaching, we can’t help but start getting into the spirit (we know, we know, it’s only October). In our opinion, it’s never too early to start planning holiday festivities—especially since it’s likely the first year people are really coming together once again to celebrate! We have three words for you: holiday hair looks.
Nothing screams ‘party on’ like the decade of disco. That’s why we’ve created three ´70s-inspired hair looks that are perfect for any party occasion. Whether you’re jivin’ on the dance floor, gettin’ your groove on at the company party, or boogieing down on New Year’s, these looks are a surefire way to get you disco-ready before you can say ‘psychedelic.’
look 1: feathered and far out
Get a feathered finish with this ´70s-inspired style! You’ll need the autopilot curler, un.done, and fluxus touchable hairspray.
- 1.25” autopilot 3-in-1 rotating curling iron: This ceramic barrel allows you to make smooth, silky curls or waves.
- un.done volume and matte texture spray: A dry finishing spray that adds instant volume and perfectly-imperfect texture.
- fluxus touchable hairspray: A flexible working hairspray for stay-all-day style that you’ll still be able to run your fingers through.
- Section hair and spray each section with fluxus hairspray before curling.
- Curl hair on each side all going in the same direction (away from face). Leave the ends out for a more modern feel.
- Brush through curls with a smoothing brush to amplify the wave pattern.
- Spray with undone texture spray and shake to create that voluminous ‘oomph.’
Best for: hair types 1-3a
look 2: retro fro
For the ultimate disco-dance floor look, try this retro curly fro! Reach for power hour, supernova, and glass action.
- power hour curl refreshing spray: This spray instantly revives and moisturizes all waves, curls, and coils.
- supernova moisture and shine cream: A leave-in cream that weightlessly provides superior hydration and lightweight conditioning, leaving hair soft, smooth, and brilliantly shiny.
- glass action universal elixir: Nutrient-rich hair oil made to heat protect, smooth, restore luster, and diminish frizz.
- Spray hair all over with power hour to dampen curls.
- Mix supernova and glass action together in your hands, then going section by section, apply that mixture throughout hair.
- Brush through curls or finger-coil to define.
- Let air-dry or diffuse (preferably with head down to create lift at the root).
Best for: hair types 3c-4c
look 3: smooth talkin’ strands
Nothing spreads good vibes like this smooth blowout. All you need is double agent, top gloss, and the closer.
- double agent 2-in-1 blow dryer + straightening brush: A 2-in-1 tool that combines the ease of a straightening brush with the efficiency of a blow dryer.
- top gloss shine spray: A lightweight finishing spray that gives your hair the ultimate glossy, high-shine look.
- the closer instant repair cream: This instant repair cream softens, smooths, eliminates frizz, and is clinically proven to seal 96% of split ends.
- After you’ve washed your hair, apply the closer instant repair cream to damp hair.
- Blow dry while smoothing hair into a sleek look by using double agent.
- Create a center part using a comb.
- Spray top gloss all over hair.
- Make one tiny braid at the front of the hair on each side of the part to give a more boho look.
Best for: hair types 1-2c
Psst. You can use the NEW smoother talker giftset for this look!
If you try any of these styles, let us know in the comments! For more ´70s-inspired products, shop our NEW holiday groovy giftsets here.